Be able to install, diagnose, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on avionics and aircraft electronics. Manage direct reports, mentor and lead a team of technicians, and ensure customer projects are delivered on time. The demand for avionics managers is high.
Traits of an Avionics Manager:
- Strong organizational skills
- Time management, ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Take on a challenge and solve problems
- Team leader
- Salary: $95,000 (median)
- High school diploma required.
- Specific avionics training or certificate or degree recommended.